Re: Well, we're waiting Mr Cady

> I'm waiting for a review as well (not necessarily from Mr.Cady, but from someone).

I reviewed the goddamned thing weeks ago.  Stop deleting my posts!!!
Anyway, here it is again:

The WHO stuff keeps pouring in!  This time, it's THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
Soundtrack from Amazon.com.uk on Polydor CD.  Don't expect miracles here.
I mean, sure this is a great collection of songs, but it still sounds as uneven as
all it's previous releases on CD.  I'm not sure Jon Astley could fix that, or should
have.

One CD, total track time 79:43.  Songs & comments:

1. My Generation - intro NOT edited out; sounds good.
2. I Can't Explain - still sounds bad; maybe worse.
3. Happy Jack - back cover says live at Leeds 2/14/70 instead of "Live Tour,
                          Sweden" like previous releases; it's Leeds.
4. I Can See For Miles - no different; still too bassy.
5. Magic Bus - nice; says "remixed stereo version of the mono single."
6. Long Live Rock - OK; sounds a bit thin.
7. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - same; better than ICE, though.
8. Young Man Blues - unfortunatley doesn't sound any better than past
                                   versions; I had my fingers crossed on this one.
9. My Wife - nice; crisp; release whole show, please; back cover says 6:59;
                     really it's 5:59.
10. Baba O'Riley - OK; not too different-sounding; back cover says 3:22(!);
                              really it's 5:25.
11. A Quick One - sounds good, a bit of an upgrade.
12. Tommy, Can You Hear Me? - yep.
13. Sparks - OK.
14. Pinball Wizard - still kinda hissy & noisy; disappointing
15. See Me, Feel Me - see above.
16. Join Together / Roadrunner / My Generation Blues - clear but I still
                                   hear that high-end hiss; no punch; sounds like it's
                                   taped off T.V.; disapponting.
17. Won't Get Fooled Again - nice; crisp & clear but with some bottom;
                                   Daltrey's scream sounds tampered with, weaker;
                                   guitar overdubs still present at the end as is the
                                   censoring of Roger's "Ya got to!"; quicker fade out.

Maybe there *is* something to all that bitching about Jon Astley!  Seriously, I don't
know what he could've done to "polish up" this collection of vastly different-sound-
ing recordings.  This is a WHO album that definitely sounds better on vinyl than CD.
Really.  It's too raw & haphazard for CD.

The booklet has a few new, tiny pictures and the liner notes are the same as the
original booklet (except for some minor alterations which I noticed).

Final Grade For This Reissue: C
Final Grade For My Old Vinyl Version: A

- SCHRADE in Akron