RE: Ecosleepwithapunkcowboytwist

>From: "Blair, Jim (MLIM)" <Blairji@exchange.ML.com>
>Subject: Nissan commercial
>
>Jess: not only was I happy to see/hear another Who song in a
>commercial, I was thrilled because just this past month
>I purchased myself a 2001 Pathfinder.   I love the song and I love the
>vehicle  !!

We trust you'll refrain from using your Pathfinder in the same way as in the
commercial.  I love the quick mini-rush I get from hearing The Who suddenly
on TV, but I still cringe at hearing my favorite music along side of
blatantly irresponsible advertising.

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: 1 year ago today

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ---  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz --- zzzzzzzzzzzzz

>Damn, its quiet in here!!!

Huh, what!  Damn Jeff, I was sleeping!

>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Who reference on TV
> <snip> CSI episode featured <snip> Combined with using "Who Are You?" as
their theme music,

Is it just me, or does hearing WAY along with the image of a head (albeit a
manichan) getting impaled "wig" anyone else out?

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Monster Fest !
>
>It's a fun idea, but I dunno that The Who would mix well with this group.
>Thirty years later it's way past been there, done that.

Oooooo, I disagree.  I think they would be treated like royalty.  They
wouldn't even have to play.  Just to be there to see what they've created.
They could kick the thing off though.  Kind of like a "we'll get you
started,......again".    I can hear it now......"Ladies and Gentlemen, a
nice rock 'n roll *PUNK BAND* from Shepardsbush London, the band that
started it all, the band that got you punks to wear army boots, the band
that first felt free enough to express what you still feel today, The
Godfather of Punk and his henchmen, THE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!".  Do
one song, MG, and then bust the hell out of all your equipment.  As the band
is leaving the stage, Pete walks up the the mic. and sais, "Ok you fuckers,
show us what you've learned".

One of my favorite pictures of Pete (and don't ask me where I saw it; I
think in the Max R&B book) is the one where he is behind a couple of "punks"
(standing on the street) with shaven heads, and one of them is showing his
tattoo on the inside of his lower lip.
Pete is making a suitable "punk face" along with them.  It's classic.

>There was Kid Rock again, too, rapping with Aretha.  Does he ever perform
by
>himself?

I think after "I'm a Cowwwwwwboyyyy", the well ran dry.  Go figure.
Now, he's just trying to keep the image alive.
Shame, I actually kind of sort of like-d him.

Kevin in VT