Shepperton studios

I've been thinking about what someone said about MCVICAR and QUAD being
well-made movies (was that you, Schrade?).  Are those the only two Who
flicks made at Shepperton studios?

Seems like WHITE CITY has that same look to it (though it says Eelpie
Productions), and Roger's BUDDY'S SONG has something of the same flavor,
even though it has more color.  Maybe it's just a UK style.

Anybody know how long The Who kept the studios and why they went broke?  Was
it just that the UK movie industry tanked about then?  Doesn't Ridley Scott
own a big share in them now?

If that's not enough questions to jump start a discussion <G>, would anybody
like to see the Keith Moon movie look like that?  Or should it be a glossy,
expensive-type Hollywood movie?  Didn't someone say it ought to look like
THE DOORS?  What are some other possible models we could wish for?

I finally saw ALMOST FAMOUS a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was too
sugary--plus it said more about Cameron Crowe than about life in the music
business.  I'd rather have a little more realism in a Keith Moon movie,
myself.  I DO want to feel what a tragedy it was for him to die so young.

keets