Re: old Grace

>If she really means it, or is rationalizing her own behavior I think it is
>a shame.  Why should she be so uncomfortable with her age that she finds
>the notion of rock singing embarrassing?  The woman *had* a fantastic
>voice.  If she still has that voice, she should use it.

Yeah, look at Tina Turner.  I guess she retired from the heavy touring  this
year at sixty, but I'll bet we still see her around sometimes.

For one think, I don't think Grace Slick has grown a lot.  The great thing
about TED is that they've matured, rather than just gotten older.  Their
music reflects the skill and wisdom they've gained.

>Incidentally, Pete expressed embarrassment at his stage act many times last
>year.  Very strange.  The only way I can relate to it is the slight
>embarrassment I sometimes feel when the subject of my Who enthusiasm comes
>up in social circles.  Maybe its the same thing.

Maybe so.  I think there are folks who tell Pete he could do much better and
that he shouldn't be out there doing that childish rock 'n' roll stuff.  I
can see the problem.  Rock 'n' roll doesn't have much of a reputation as
serious music.  Many bands' antics are laughable, and the marketing of
shallow pop tends to obscure more serious work that would improve the
industry's image.  Pete always has that problem of seeing himself in a
mirror.  He looked fine last summer, though.
The problem is not believing in the music.  That's when it turns into a
farce.

keets