THE REAL TRUTH ON THE ROGER/KENNEY DEBATE

> Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:11:28 -0600
> From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
> Subject: Rog/Kenney
>
> Sorry to bring up this issue again I
> just wanted to throw another two cents worth regarding the Roger and Kenney
> issue and throw you a "hypothetical"...

> Rog says that Kenney is a great drummer, but his style didn't mix well with
> the Who.  I might be off a little, but the exact quote goes something like
> this:  "...Kenney in the Who was like Cadillac wheel covers on a Roll Royce.
> Both are excellent, but they don't match."  That summed it up pretty well
> for me.

Hi Sigel and all. I hope this dosn't sound like i'm bitchin or anything
but i've seen and heard rogers comments on Kenney Jones why he didnt
want him in the band and that he wasnt good enough but heres the REAL
truth and i've heard it from the horses mouth...

The reason why Kenney left the band is because Roger was having an
affair with Kenny's wife. It was nothing to do with kenneys drumming or
that he wasnt has good as mooney. Roger was doing the dirty.

Another thing you dont know is that kenney was on contract as a 25%
equal share in the who name and when the guys decided to reform without
kenney as the who, Kenney promptly sued them and had revenge on Roger to
the tune of a cool million or so. Kenney was paid out of court. Pete is
still friends with Kenney but Roger and kenney hate each other.

This is common knowledge amongst a lot of people in the uk so i'm not
letting secrets out. Sorry to break the myth on why kenny left but there
you go. Cheers..........................Mick T.