Re: Rog/Kenney and Phil Collins

> And in regards to somebodys question of - why Rog didn't object to Kenney
> joining the band at the very first?  If I recall another interview I read
> (could be the same one) the other members (Pete and John) vetoed HIM,
> because they were the "musicians" in the band and they felt most
comfortable
> with Kenney

Yeah, that was *my* question.  I would think, however, that they would've
had that "if-*one*-person-doesn't-like-the-choice-then-we-won't-accept-
him" deal..  I mean, so what if Daltrey isn't a musician; it's not like he
hasn't
put in the time.

> I dunno, personally I think that would've been pretty cool.  I saw Clapton
> few years ago when Collins played drums (and REAL drums - not those damned
> computer things) the whole tour.

I saw Clapton on that tour, too.  My older brother's a big fan & I went with
him.  I like Cream more than Clapton, though.  But you're right, Phil
Collins
was extraordinary on drums.  I've always heard about that story of him
calling
Pete up when Moon died, but I've never really seriously thought about him
playing with The WHO.  It seems obvious to me & yet & I still can't imagine
how it would sound.

> No duets, or Collins tunes - he was just a drummer.

Yeah, I kept expecting a big piano to be wheeled out on stage for Phil to
sing "Against All Odds" but we were spared.  The only thing he said all
night
was "thank you."  He was very impressive on drums.  Beat the hell out of
'em.

- SCHRADE in Akron