RE: Double Dogs, Keith Metal

Sorry for the delay in reply, but I've just barely survived an invasion by
the in-laws and family.  I'm talkin' 5 adults and 4 little rug-rats!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
That, right on the heels of a long business trip.  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
>:-O

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: A double dog dare; Sweaters on snotty girls; A coffee clutch; No
Effin' messiah

>Kevin:
>Get a
>copy of Show And Tell and then tell me you didn't enjoy it. I dares ya! I
>double dog dares ya!

A double dog dare!  Damn, I haven't heard that in a long while!
I enjoyed the "humor punk" as well.......for a while.
Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I just grew out of it.
I asked my wife what music I was into when we started hanging out (1988) and
she replied Reggae.
It all came back to me.  From Punk, I dove into Reggae hard.  Was a
Sociology/Anthropology major at the time, so it all kind of fits.
Was that me maturing???  Heaven forbid!!!
I *did* get into the grunge thing (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, SoundGarden,
PJ) though!  So, I couldn't have been *too* mature. ;-)
The alternatives before grunge were pretty sparse.

>>If the rebellion was about a different topic/issue, and by a different
>>population, then it's new.
>Nothing new about it! Rock has always been about teen angst. Quadrophenia
is
>a veritable primer on it.

Yeah, but if..............oh, never mind.  :-)

>Flannel is not my favorite look for snotty girls. V-neck sweaters are nice.

I don't like snotty girls, irregardless of what they are or are not wearing.
;-)
I was born a generation to late and to early.  Right between the 60's
revolution, and grunge.

>Yes, starting with WN he went lighter on guitar and heavier on keyboards
>progressively from album to album. That's what's wrong with FD; where's the
>blinkin' guitar???

Got lost with the rest of New-Wave.  ;-)  heh, heh.

From: och-aye-the@noo.co.uk
Subject: RE: Keith and The Wave keeps rolling

>>I'm a firm believer that Keith could have regained *all* of what he was.

>YES!!  Will you marry me?!
>Heather xx

Sorry, you've been beaten to the punch. :-)

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Keith and The Wave keeps rolling
>There's always the problem of character, and of having it and not.  Besides

>being unstable, the man had a lot of deeply ingrained bad habits.  You'd
>never have dried him out and gotten him to maintain any kind of a fitness
>plan.  He got away with a lot of crap when he was young, but the lifestyle
>just caught up with him.

I disagree.  All people go through phases.  If you had believed my dad, I'd
be one of the bums I met down at Fisherman's Wharf last weekend.
Keith already knew the direction he had to go to mature.  It's still up for
debate as to whether he decided he couldn't go that route or not (did he
kill himself?).  But, he knew the route.
I'm of the belief that he truly wanted to change.  Look at Clapton.  Change
is always possible.

>Listen to the '82 WHO ROCKS AMERICA video.  They've really upped the tempo
>and Kenney Jones regularizes the beat on the old stuff.  It completely
>changes character, and that's where I hear the speed metal sound that
became
>so popular later in the eighties.
>keets

Yea, but speed metal??
I'll listen again.  Any particular songs???

Kevin in VT.
________