Re: A double dog dare; Sweaters on snotty girls; A coffeeclutch; No Effin' messiah

>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:16:52 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>What is a coffee clutch, anyway? Hands up who knows.

It's an Anglicized and perhaps misspelled version of "kaffeeklatsch"
which in turn is a get-together, typically although not necessarily
of women, over coffee, just to socialize.  A coffee party instead of
a tea party, as it were.

>Only the true messiah would deny he's the messiah.

Damn.  It's that Catch-22 again.  "If you meet the Buddha on the
road...kill him."

>Uh...can anyone tell I just watched High Fidelity? And even in that he blows
>it by saying one of his top five is Summertime Blues...the Blue Cheer
>version. Feh!

I LOVED High Fidelity.  But in a pinch, I'll happily settle for Blue
Cheer's version of Summertime Blues.  I prefer The Who but I'll even
take Eddie Cochran.

Cheers blue,
--
Alan