Keith & the Wave keeps Rolling

Thers's also another train of thought  about Keith that everyone seems to be
forgetting. Some say that around the time of the making of WAY,the band was
very frustrated with Keith.One or two band members actually wanted him out.
Yes,beleive it or not!  That's one reason why keith was made Managing Director
of the Shepperton studios complex that The Who had leased at the time. It was
created to ease Keith out of The Who and into something different,but remain
connected. It's possible that Keith would have been replaced shortly after this.
Of course,we all know what happened next. So I think The Who's music and any
change/sound whatever was inevitable,and as Pete said,Keith's passing allowed
the band to do things differently. I personally could not imagine The Who without
Keith if he had lived,but the fact remains that He nearly was kicked out of the band,
time and fate did not let it happen.
Regards,
Derick.