Naked Eye/See Me Feel Me

I've been thinking about my personal favorite moment from the Boston show
(the only show I was able to attend), and was able to revisit it via
Sharkbait's tre cool site  -

http://members.nbci.com/deafjob/video.htm

The grid is cool.  It is great to see that someone else thought enough of
that moment to go to the trouble of booting and upload it to share with
others.  Most everyone around me was disinterested in this somewhat obscure
song, and Roger and Pete rightfully joked about its failure since Roger
mangled the lyrics so badly.  I was ecstatic.  Am I strange?  I was
completely sober and I consider myself to be quite sane so what gives?

My history with Naked Eye:  I have always loved this song.  The live
versions on IOW and Max R&B are spine-tinglers.  The great lyrical foreplay
(with drug reference) builds on the My Generation jam riff into the orgasmic
instrumental section at the end.  This jam highlights what I love about The
Who.  Slashing Pete riffs pounded perfectly by the best rhythm section ever.
It seems to build in tempo and intensity, tumbling down the scales until it
abrublty ends, leaving me wanting more.  <I need a smoke after that>

What was so great about them trying it in 2000?  Pulling this out
unrehearsed was ballsy.  Switching into See Me Feel Me was nearly unnatural
(to me).  Yeah, I know they were both often part of the MG jams, but it was
completely unexpected.  If you look at the tape you can see how Pete and Rog
are concentrating on *each other*.  This looks and feels like a rehearsal -
very intimate.

Lastly, I believe this was the only time on this tour that they tried it.  I
was lucky to be there at that moment.

Less than a month to MSG!
SFX says they will announce the opener late Monday.

Jeff