re:re: enemies of promise

>the very last line...about reuniting with you know....who?  Does he want to
>or is he saying it's dead.

>I have not brought The Who's music back to life. I have brought it back to
>death, especially with reworked songs like The Kids Are Alright. We face
>it, we embrace it, and it is our central subject matter. I mean both
>physical death, and metaphorical death (war, poverty, street violence etc).
>But I also mean the death of ego, that spiritual death that we long for -
>to be reunited with..... who....?

I don't think he's made any statement as to whether he wants to or not, just
about how it is.  Sounds like he's thinking some about life and death, too,
as he's thrown in some thoughts about that.

The last sentence is definitely metaphysical, a Pete play on becoming one.
1) When we die we lose our individuality and reunite with the universe.  2)
There's a parallel to this that says you can find spiritual salvation by
symbolically dying, by giving up your ego or individuality so you can become
one with God, or creation, depending on the particulars of your belief.  3)
Pete's given up his ego to become one with The Who.

I guess that makes it a spiritual experience.  :)

keets