Snogged by the Presidents Of The USA; Kevin creates confusion...film at eleven

> A film starring Ingrid Bergman in which her husband tries to drive her
> insane.  A very good film, actually....

Jon:

I've heard of it but never watched. I will check it out, thanks. There's a
Bette Davis movie which is similar, I think. Baby Jane? Something like
that.

> 1.  When Tommy picked up his mother after she'd died, DID he snog her or
was that just me?

Heather:

Gosh-darn this new fangled language you youngsters are using these days!
Snog? By cracky, I remember when Pot was something you smoked rather than
something you smoked something in...

> 2.  WHY OH WHY OH WHY did he run off into the mountains for no apparent
reason?

This is where the storyline goes bye-bye. I gathered from the LP that the
followers physically deafened our hero, and made him dumb and blind as
well, and he found peace within. In the movie he just returns to the place
he was conceived, or perhaps the place his father stood when the sperm was
being manufactured by his body (it's a stretch, I know...but *I* didn't
write that scene).

> 3.  Are Tina Turner's lips made of elastic?

Yes.

> Oh, and I want to marry Uncle Ernie!  What a guy!

Well, I hate to break it to ya but you'd have to be a guy also to marry
Uncle Ernie. Even then it would depend on the state you were in (and I
don't mean your state of mind, although this too could be a factor).

> - -Is Mohammed great because Jesus put out some inconsistent material?

Jeff:

Ah, but they were one in the same, you know. Baba too.

> - -Is Al Gore the best candidate because GW Bush...oops, don't want to go
> there!

The answer is still Yes.

> Wow, this really caused some confusion.

Kevin:

So what else is new?

> Unfortunately I can't make it to Atlanta.

Argh! And I'd already bought the tank of helium!

> couldn't make Houston.  I was just quoting that song (Lemon heads?) about
> peaches to get you psyched.  :-)

The Presidents Of The USA, not to get political or anything...

> What's the deal with the sexy blue chick?  ;-)

All the girls are attractive in their own way...although perhaps only
someone who likes Townshend can appreciate Aeyrn's nose.

> I have a friend that is getting dangerously close to that "line" with
this
> show.

It's amazing how popular Farscape is. I've met one of the convention
organizers, and she tells me the second one hopes to have the entire
cast...hey, the blinkin' show's only been on A YEAR!

> Not to start another thread, but *was* it "the beast" with out Keith, or
now
> Zack??

According to reports from the road, it seems so.

> Sorry, got to go......my little red chest light is-a flashin' !!! ;-)

Ah, the last episode. Yes, I remember it well...

> Wouldn't want to change a thing.  Plus, who am I to talk.

Who are you again?

> Thanks (not really) for that very painful journey down a list of long
> forgotten songs. ;-)

Forgotten, you say? HA! I say, and again HA! I have an 80's section in my
store, and (sadly) it's larger than my Blues section.

> It's scary how many girls I knew that just loved that stuff.

Scary only if you didn't take advantage of it. Now THAT is a damned good
reason to have an 80's section in one's store...now that you mention it...I
just realized that The Who never got me any sex! DAMN! I coulda been a Men
At Work fan!

> What was the naughty word that Bush said over the weekend?  I missed it!

Asshole. Uh, that's the word...I wasn't calling you one.

> Kevin (always stirring the pot ;-) in VT.

Well, by gum, I remember when Pot was something you smoked...

> Kissed, in the UK.

Jon:

But what if you're somewhere else?

> Oh Jess, you might be too young....I'm talking about Paul is Dead

The ironic thing about it was that Paul WAS dead, creatively.

"Who's mail is that?" "I think it's just bills." "Who's Bill?"
                          a couple of Young Ones

                    Cheers                  ML