Tattoo Who?

> Hang on there Toby, Tattoo You (Keith Richards and some other guys) was
THE
> album of 81 and is still fanfuckintabulous 19 years later

Shawn:

Now I understand why you like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Personally, I found the album
to be about half good and Start Me Up a poor-man's Brown Sugar. And Waiting
On A Friend not worth the wait.

> Quad was definitely a major undertaking as far as a tour was concerned,
but
> with a little more restraint in the recording, they might be able to take
it
> on the road as simply as TOMMY played the first time around.

Keets:

I still think they should have done it "unplugged" in `96/97. Just the
three of them.

> If the who could produce the equivalent of this we would all be in high
> heaven.

JC:

I wouldn't. VL was better than most latter day Stone albums, but a new Who
album must be a home run or it will be seen as inferior. Mark my words (no
pun intended).

> Stone throwing always makes me wonder.   We've all worn out copies of =
> Who's Next and LAL, but haven't you all done the same for Exile on Main =
> Street?  Sticky Fingers?

Even thought The Stones have made a good number of Classic albums, both of
these included, The Who made more and for a longer period. If it's a
percentage, the Stones lose big time because up till Between The Buttons
the albums were nothing special, and after Goat's Head ditto. Songs here
and there, but spotty.

> "Edward" Hopkins.     Hmmmmmm    Nicky Hopkins....that rings a bell.   =
> Who's Next? Gettin' In Tune? Song is Over?  Yeah, that's him.

He was on the first Who album too. And several early Kinks albums; Ray
Davies even wrote a song about it (Session Man, on Face To Face).

"When you elect me in November, we'll be done with four years of Clinton
and Gore."
       George W. Bush, Presidential Candidate 2000

                    Cheers                  ML