Who'd AND Stone'd

Toby wrote:
>Can you
>imagine another pointless Rolling Stones album or worse yet the continual
>drivel that Paul McCartney produces and has produced since the wonderful
>"Band On the Run" album?

I'm frequently amused at the ripping the stones take on this list.  And the McCartney reference got me thinking back to the first time I saw TKAA in a theatre.  Double Feature with 'Wings across America' as the 'other flick'.   I'll agree that Paul's work is pretty 'vanilla' but the Stone throwing always makes me wonder.   We've all worn out copies of Who's Next and LAL, but haven't you all done the same for Exile on Main Street?  Sticky Fingers?  Does anyone else have 'Stripped'?  It's good stuff, in spite of the commercial behemoth they've become. Like the Who, aren't the Stones just one great album/tour away from reclaimation?

Anyone who likes the Exile/Sticky Fingers period Stones should check out "Jamming with Edward!", a collection of outtakes and rehearsels with the Mick, Bill and Charlie jamming with Ry Cooder and the late Nicky "Edward" Hopkins.     Hmmmmmm    Nicky Hopkins....that rings a bell.   Who's Next? Gettin' In Tune? Song is Over?  Yeah, that's him.  Small, Stoney, world......

Cory