Re: Toby's Trevails/stones&who

>From: Toby Elwin <taelwin@bigfoot.com>I would rather listen to "Face
>Dances",
>"It's Hard", and/or
>"Psychoderelict" than that sham, Grammy-award-winning disc by Carlos
>Santana OR the top 100 Billboard list from '81 or '82 when those last two
>Who albums came out.
>
>Hang on there Toby, Tattoo You (Keith Richards and some other guys) was THE
>album of 81 and is still fanfuckintabulous 19 years later. Why must praise
>of
>the Who contain criticism of Keef and the boys? Their albums haven't been
>pointless. While none of them are incredible (Voodoo Lounge, Talk Is Cheap,
>Slide On This, and Wandering Spirit were solid as fuck however), there is
>much fantastic music to be had if you could jjust get over the idea of
>every
>album must be amazing or its POINTLESS. Are Face Dances and It's Hard
>comparable to their best work? Of course not, but that doesn't mean that
>they
>don't have a great deal of value and enjoyment for those who are interested
>(like you and me, I suppose).                        Peace,
>                                                          Shawn M. McKelvey

I have to agree with shawn here...
and the other comments though..
I think percentage-wise the stones have produce a high amount of crap...
but that shouldnt take away from the jewels in the crown that appear once in
a while..
point being the afore mentioned "Voodoo Lounge"...
If the who could produce the equivalent of this we would all be in high
heaven.
That album appeared THIRTY years after the stones started and was a superb
piece..
but on the other hand ,  it was followed by bridges to babylon which was
dire..
along with other 80s trash such as dirty work,undercover...

we all tend to draw comparisons with the stones here so if the who could do
the same only be far more selective of the material.....

JC