Eddie Van NOT!

ML said  "The big thing these show is that this was Townshend's tour. Eddie
Van Townshend, one might say."

I was with you in the first sentence - then YECH!  Didn't that stick to your
tounge on the way out?  Pete is his own man.  You (Eddie Van) are no Pete
Townshend.  Choose your own punchline here.  Eddie Van Halen should be
Pete's bitch after this tour and the other 35 years of PT performances.

I took a fairly young buck to his 1st Who show in Boston.  His high praise
after the show was "they were better than Van Halen."  I heard it as a
compliment, but something about the comparison made me feel a bit
uncomfortable.

ML also said  "Daltrey's voice sounds better to ears in a hall than when you
can hear everything. It's a shame, but his vocals are now the weakest part
of this band. Still not bad for a 50+ year old, but it's what you hear when
you listen to these tracks."

Sadly, I agree with you.  Roger has commented recently about how hard it is
to age.  I noticed (and I think others have pointed out) that there were
times during some shows when Roger seemed genuinely bummed out.  I wonder if
the condition of his chords is weighing on his mind.  Wouldn't be horribly
ironic if Roger was the one to pull away from performing with The Who now?

Jeff