RS reviews

I managed to find a copy of ROLLING STONE Magazine today and read their
review of the Atlanta show.  Did somebody say there was one of
Cleveland, too?  Different issue, maybe?

I didn't think the review was all that bad.  Pete's diary leads me to
speculate that maybe both of them toned their comments down in response
to the other.  Is it likely that Pete saw an advance copy of it?  It's
nice to have a website as platform to negotiate about such things.

Anyhow, there was a great picture of Pete (which according to Gene
Simmons is the most important part of the review), and basically it
says that The Who doesn't have any big, spectacular stage show--they
just came out looking like themselves and played music, which was a
different, refreshing approach.

There were some comments about reunion tours, and greatest hits, and
back-up musicians for the TOMMY and QUAD tours, but they seemed fairly
neutral.  The only comment I thought disparaging was that TED seems
glad to have any kind of audience left.  Well, maybe they are, but
they've still got plenty of confidence in their drawing power.
Otherwise they wouldn't have launched into this tour with so much
arrogance.  ;)

LB