Re: Who fan abused by non-Who fan

> Question for the group:  How does your obsession play in the non-Who world?

There's good & there's bad.  The good is that some friends seem to get a kick
out of my WHO enthusiasm.  They try to be the first to tell me a bit of WHO
news they've heard (My usual response: "I've known that for months!").  They
want to be the first to tell me about a new release they saw in the stores (My
usual respnse: "I've had that for a month!"). My mom will save WHO articles
from newspapers or magazines & even record stuff on cable for me!

And then the bad.  Like Brian said, you have to put up with the cliche ageing jokes,
or reunion jokes, or even Pete-is-gay jokes!  These sting.  They hurt.  I get a bit
angry & have to choose my words carefully.  And like Mark said, you just have to
remind these people that they simply do not share the knowledge & insight that you
do.  But then I think I might be sounding like a religious nut.  A big WHO religious
nut.  Yep, that's me!

- SCHRADE in Akron