Fw: Roger and S+G

keets said:  "I thought you were referring to the quality of the harmony
in very
complementary terms, as S&G were well known for being extraordinary in
that
department.  It's just funny to compare Roger to Art Garfunkel because
their
voices are as diametrically opposite as you can get.  You could compare
Pete
to Art--he can do that soft, angelic falsetto, but not Roger.  It's
totally
hopeless.  ;)

Pete and Roger's harmony does seem to have altered just lately, as Pete's

voice has changed and he seems to harmonize with different intervals than
he
used to.  I hadn't noticed a resemblance to S&G myself, but I gather that

Pete and Roger are now using something of the same interval, and thus
sound
similar to you."

As Lucy said to Schroeder during the jam portion of The Peanuts Christmas
Special:  "THAT'S IT!"

It is more the style of the harmony than the specific melody.  I think
that the improvement of the hamonies as the tour has wore on must also
have something to do with getting the stage sound right for everyone's
ears.  That has been a work in progress.

Just the fact that they have been singing together after a long time of
inactivity would also lead to improvement.  If you are going to gravitate
harmonies toward a certain sound, Simon & Garfunkel would be a great
sound to aspire to.

Jeff
"But he started it!"
-heard in the schoolyard