BJORN TO BE WILD #1 (foreword)

Hello my friends...

I really must say... I had the most fun at the last few concerts hanging
out with all of you fans... I think it must be because you are so kind
(with the exception of one, unfortunatly, who just had to make these gay
remarks towards me, but hey, I just ignored him, you know who you are) and
because there was a lot less traveling involved (that takes a lot of my
concentration) and I was a lot more sociable because I didn't have to worry
about money or any other shit; everything was taken care of...

Before I take off and type away like crazy describing every thrill I had I
need to thank some people (mind you, this is gonna be a long one)... First
of all my good friend who totally understands my feelings and spontaniously
offered me to pay my flight (I am not mentioning his name, but you wouldn't
know him anyway). Billy "FUCK YOU" Magik for giving me a place to stay and
getting me that 16th row ticket for the last night (where I got to move up
to 4th row right in front of Pete), GiGi for throwing such a great party
(together with Magik) and not being corrupt (I hope) with the raffles and
all her kindness and graciousness, Virginia Lohle for guiding me (I
would've got lost without you) and hanging out with me (send me the
pictures you took of me!), the usher right up front at the last show for
letting me stay with David Schwarz and his wife (and his buddy and wife)
even after he got to see my REAL ticket, David Schwarz for letting me stand
in his row, Pete the bass player (from Unamerican) for introducing me to
the twins ;-) , William for the pictures (they survived the flight), The
Who's Next band for playing like hell (when you close your eyes at the MG
or AQO jam, you would think it's The Who for a second) and letting me stand
in their row and last but not least Karen from Brooklyn FOR SAVING MY
FUCKING LIFE!!!!!!!! (you know what I mean)

OK, those where the people I really had to say "thank you" to... I just
hope I didn't forget anyone... Oh yeah; thanks for The Who for giving such
a FUCKING GREAT SHOW!!! (there might be some other people to thank like Rob
from Florida for buying me 2 slices of pizza, but that kinda evens up
because he was pouring "bubbly" wine with no bubbles left all over me in
the rental car; but hey, that would just make the list too long) ;-) Or for
Linda on the 10th row for letting me stand in her row for 10 minutes before
the show and offering me a joint which I refused because:
1) I don't want to be under influence during a WHO show
2) all joints in the USA (or at least the ones I have encountered, except
for the ones rolled by mom Scott) are like Belinda's compared to what we
got in Holland

Am I done yet??? NO!!! FUCK NO!!! Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure
to meet these people (omitting the ones that I already got in the "thank
you" list):

IN RANDOM ORDER (so you mustn't think I like the ones on the top more then
I do on the bottom!) ;-)

JAQUELINE!!! (my favourite American travel companion) (I LOVE YOU!!!)
Melissa (sorry I missed you on the 2nd night)
Jason (YOU NEED TO SPELL MY LAST NAME RIGHT DAMNIT!!!) ;-)
Starcke brothers (they're not the twins I might be referring to, those
where better looking and female) ;-) (but hey; thanks for your company! it
was much fun!)
Terry McBride (thanks for the good advise after the last show, I'll brink
my pocket knife to Glasgow) ;-)
Scott Smith (even though my own quote is: "if it ain't fucked up and
troublesome to get, it ain't good"; you rock!)
Rob from Florida (sorry about your underwear...) (I bet people would wonder
what I am talking about now, LET'S KEEP IT A SECRET ROB!!!) ;-)
Sheridan (thanks for the explenation about the jacket and coat)
Dave van Staveren (nice meeting you again!)
Joyce (I have some incriminating photo's here of certain acts in a white
stretched limousine I am wanting to mail to your family unless you send me
copies of all your WHO or PT bootlegs)
Seth (again and again and again and agaaa-aaa-aaain; aren't you getting
sick and tired of me bothering you all the time? I bet that's a retorical
question) ;-)
Tim Eimiller (WHOOO-HOOO!!! ROCK ON! ROCK ON! ROCK ON!; we where on the
same row on the last night!)
Sean from San Francisco (love the tattoo man)
Pellegrino (didn't catch your first name; thanks for the stories and info
about the Beatles' cover of AQO)
Emmee (*THE* Glow Girl; please don't post the stuff I said about Pete on
the Glow Girls list, even though I hear it would be on-topic there) ;-)
Godfrey Townsend (BJORN TO BE WILD!!!)
Zak (gave him a copy of the video of me drumming "Baba O'Riley")
Thunderfingers (who was very amazed by my hair)
John Bundrick (asking me how my band was doing; that was an idea of me once
about a year ago, now my band only got one member, but he told me that was
cool, I'm my own boss now) ;-)
Kathy (did you get a good place to store your bag on the last night?)
Lisa Grand (always a pleasure to meet you)
Cynthia (you still gotta get boots like I'm wearing) ;-)
Gary & Melissa (and the kids) (WHOOO-HOOO!!! SEE YOU IN THE UK!!!)
Sean Whooooooooo (Billy Nicholls has a rounder face, but you do look a lot
like him; and I do think that Rabbit had the right answer to your question)
Theresa (you can't fool me, YOU are a WHO fan too!!!)
Marty (I KEEP SEEING MARTY!!!)
all the guys and girls I met in Le Bar Bat, the pub or at the hotel, I *DO*
remember you clearly but I just do not remember your name, as always some
exchanged e-mail adresses and some didn't, anyway, I lost some of them;
DROP ME A LINE and SAY HI! You where all very cool! And to most of you I
gotta talk to anyway!!!

OK, that's it for now; I guess I had the biggest list of people I met... ;-)

NEXT UP: BJORN TO BE WILD #2 (day 1; art gallery & Le Bar Bat)

Cheers,

Bjorn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"JIMMY PAGE! JIMMY PAGE! JIMMY JIMMY FUCKING PAGE!!!"
- Pete Townshend @ MSG (last night)