Confusions

>>We've yet to see John take on this role, but some of his music is as
>>easily identifiable with The Who as Pete's,

>ahh, you were on a role with your insights to individual WHO members
playing WHO material successfully.....until you got to the OX.
I have seen Pete solo twice (PhycoDerelict Tour & Woodstock mini-tour),
Roger twice (late 80s tour & DST) and the OX 6 times.  Of all those
shows, it was an OX show at Mama Kins in Boston 5 years ago, that gave
me the best sense of what the WHO must have been like live in the early
70's.  He opened with Heaven & Hell which knocked me off my feet....I
did not find my feet again until the end of the show....

What brought this post on was Pete's observation that his and Roger's
solo work has been confused with The Who.  As much like The Who as
John's band might sound, it does seem to have a distinct personality
and hasn't yet been confused with The Who, as far as I know.

It's possible that John isn't well enough identified with The Who for
his solo work to get confused with it.  Do you think an "Ox Plays
Townshend" tour would do it?  Hmmm.  He could take Zac along and Simon
Townshend to sing and play lead.  Maybe so.  ;)

LB