The OX soloing WHO music

>>There's been some clear indication that Pete can never escape The Who,
>>as he is so often identified as the only member who counts--meaning his
>>body of work as a guitarist, composer and songwriter are what makes the
>>band successful, and that Daltrey, Entwistle and Moon would be easily
>>nterchangable for say, the Deep End Band.

>>Roger rather took people by surprise with the DST tour, but from all
>>indications, he slid into somewhat the same position as Pete.  With
>>competent musicians behind him and a recognizable style, somehow he
>>became indistinguishable from The Who--whether Pete was present or not.

>>We've yet to see John take on this role, but some of his music is as
>>easily identifiable with The Who as Pete's,

ahh, you were on a role with your insights to individual WHO members
playing WHO
material successfully.....until you got to the OX.
I have seen Pete solo twice (PhycoDerelict Tour & Woodstock mini-tour),
Roger twice
(late 80s tour & DST) and the OX 6 times.  Of all those shows, it was an
OX show at
Mama Kins in Boston 5 years ago, that gave me the best sense of what the
WHO must
have been like live in the early 70's.  He opened with Heaven & Hell
which knocked me
off my feet....I did not find my feet again until the end of the show....

oh, and my ears are still ringing!!

 Pete S. (the great 'OX solos the WHO like no other' defender)