Re: Atlanta Review

> Zak: As someone else said, I didn't notice him for a few songs, and
> that's a high compliment.  I did start paying more attention later,
and it's all good.  Takes a lot of the greatness of Keith, but has a
better sense of timekeeping.  It's a silly example, but I doubt Keith
could have ever kept that damn beat going for the 5:15 bass solo
without being bored to tears and throwing in some other stuff.  Zak's
strengths are clearly shown on the post-Keith songs, where he can take
what Kenny did and add on to it.

> As I said after seeing them at the Tweeter Center, these shows are
> all one could ask.  OK, I have criticisms and things I'd like more of
and less of.

Ha.  I've been looking for someone who saw the Atlanta show and one
earlier on the tour.  Do you think they've morphed in between?

I thought there was a notable difference in style, a definite shift
toward more contemporary sound, and that the difference is in the
drums.  Despite what Brian said--that this must be more Moon-like
because it's less noticible--I think Zak substituted a very
different-from-Moon style for most of the show in Atlanta.  The earlier
part of the tour seemed more bluesy and variable, and this very
single-tracked and relentless.

Having heard the two shows, what did you think?

LB