A long time ago in a galaxy far far away; Look on the sunny side; God's own bootleg collection

> Yea you. :) On tape eons ago.

Mike:

It would have to have been. I didn't trade for like three years, and barely
do now. I'm still converting my stuff to CD, really. Haven't redone
Woodstock yet, but if you want an upgrade let me know. It will give me a
good excuse.

> But then who's worse (now there's an album!): the bootleggers or punters
> like me who buy their product?

Scott:

It's the chicken and the egg. I'm not calling you an egg, mind you, but you
see what I mean. At least we know you're not chicken...

> Won't we both burn equally in Hell for our sins?

No, only one side for you. Broiled, no wait, sunny side up!

> Or will God let me off in exchange for a copy the Amsterdam '69 show?!

He has the master tape. And he's saving it for when I get there. You've
read about me in Revelations, haven't you...the Bootlegger of Babylon? Or
didn't you know that Who fans are the REAL chosen ones?

> Paranoia - the destroyer.... :-)

Wrong band. You're messing with your soul there, buddy.

> You're not missing anything.  That other CD boot also has some Young Vic
stuff so
> they stretched it to two CD's.

Ah. I was wondering, as it's hard to believe the set was really only an
hour long. By reports, they started at 3 AM and the sun came up when
Daltrey sang "See me feel me" from WNGTI. Let's do the time warp again!

> care for Alvin & the Chipmunks.

Hey, they covered The Beatles...so why not The Who?
Seriously, if you (or anyone here) have a speed problem with a bootleg, I
suggest you download the trial version of Gold Wave. I've found it to be
the easiest (and fastest) program for changing the pitch of a WAV file. And
it's free.

> Wonder if this has anything to do with Pete taking down his latest
> offerings?

Keets:

If so, he's fooling himself. But I don't think that's the case; having the
music freely available is the best way to beat the bootleggers. No system
is going to be perfect. I remember back in the early days of my bootleg
collecting, I bought nearly everything I could get my hands on which
contained the word "Who." And, needless to say, I got burned a LOT. Some
boots had the same name of ones I was told were great (Obscure And Oblique
comes to mind, as does Collector's Item). If MCA or Pete or Trinifold...one
of them anyway, was to put all of the bootlegs online or sell them
downloadable online, there would be few Who bootlegs sold. They could
ensure the finest quality available and no repeating on different titles.
To quote Hunter S. Thompson, "It's a grand dream Laz." I wish it was a
reality. "All I want for Christmas is two or three boots..."

> I think guest of the night for me was paul weller.
> cant wait for the DVD of that

Jeremy:

Enough with the "all-star cast" concerts, why can't we have a pure
unadulterated Who "Live in 2000" DVD? I thought the beauty of this tour was
it is no one but the band!

       "NOW I'm the President I AM I AM I AM!!! MINE MINE MINE!"
                         Buzz "Duh-Bya" Lightyear