RE: Townshend Quotes

"Who the fuck are you..."

>I'd consider this a Daltrey quote, not a Pete quote.  Pete loves the
f-word,
>but I believe Daltrey is the one who inserted it in WAY.
>
>Just nit-picking.
>
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

Schrade my paisan, you starting on me again?

Actually, I've heard Pete discuss WAY in an interview and he tells of being
so drunk (well, we know that story...)and when told how great the Who were
and how admired they were, he replied like, "aw, who the fuck are you?";
kinda like a "what the hell do you know" kind of thing.  I don't know if you
would find the actual lyrics in a lyric sheet, but could be Rog inserted it
in based on Pete's description of where the song came from.  WHO knows...

Jim in Colo Springs

"...changed me, I hated it."  PT about Woodstock