Re: Going Mobile

> The guitar sound that Townshend gets in "Going Mobile" is such a wonderful
> sound. It really makes the song come alive.
> Does anyone knows what type of guitar effect he used in recording that song?
> I was told years ago what it was and that he develop it.
> Also, has The Who every perform the song live?
> Kevin

I'm assuming you mean the crazy solo, right?  It's a regular guitar, played with
a wah-wah pedal, & finally fed into a synthesizer doohicky called an 'envelope
folder.'  I don't think Pete developed this doohicky, although he may have.  I
suspect he was just playing around with the equipment he had (aren't we all!).

- SCHRADE in Akron