RE: I once pissed in Pamona. Haven't we all?

>From: PellegrinoLand@aol.com
>
>I saw 7 Quad. shows in 96-97. Simon played lead at one of these shows and
he was terrible.
>Is anyone else pissed that The Who charged their usual expensive ticket
price
>without warning the fans that Pete's mini-talented hack brother would be
>attempting to play the guitar parts?

>              Pissed In Pamona

Hmmmmm, this sounds like it was a surprise to you for the first show.  I'm
asking myself why you attended 6 additional shows, paid the "usual expensive
ticket price" after knowing the "truth" and being so upset with the guitar
playing.

I thought Simon did a fine job (saw Quad 2x in '96 & 2x in '97), and I knew
ahead of time who was playing what.  No surprise for me, and I wasn't even
on a list back in 96.
We knew Pete wasn't going to play electric, so someone had to fill in.  I
saw the choice of Simon as a "keep it in the family" type of gesture.  I see
having Zack as the same type of thing.
Simon is a fine guitarist.
I think your description of "mini-talented hack brother" is a bit over
board.
I remember clearly the first words spoken by my friend Stu at the very
beginning of the first Quad show we saw (Cap. Center in DC
'96)..........."Damn, Pete taught Simon how to play it right.".
I was in total agreement.

Just my HO.

Kevin (still recovering from my Triptophane OD) in VT