Re: Pop Who/DST/What's Next

>keets said "DST pretty much blew me away."
>
>Hey keets,
>Please tell more.  What about DST blew you away?  I really prefer the
>stripped-down prog/blues/punk/pop/<insert your own descriptive noun here>
>version like we had this year.  Consequently I skipped 'Who on Ice', DST,
>BRS, PsychoD.  The Who brand lost me from '83-'96 and only sucked me back
>in with Quad.  What did I miss and should I harm myself?

I read a Daltrey interview recently from right after Moon's death, and he
said it really freed them to do whatever they wanted.  I guess he'd worked
really hard to keep The Who from changing, but after that it was inevitable.

So what Pete wanted was to have a jazz band like his daddy.  He dumped The
Who so he could do that, and when they went out in 1989, he took the Deep
End band along with them.  The Who has always been known as a rock band.