Pop Who

 >That would be a great tour, wouldn't it?  The Who plays their sixties
pop hits?  How's this for a list?

>This sounds like it could be the "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy Meets
Odds and Sods" Tour.  Of course, you would need to add the mother of
all U.S. singles, ICSFM, along with I Can't Reach You (love it), Early
Morning Cold Taxi, and, of course, ICE, MB, HJ, PW, MG, AAA,
Substitute, The Seeker, etc.

By the time you get up to "I Can See for Miles" and "I Can't Explain,"
The Who were developing their distinctive hard rock sound, which I
don't think really qualifies as pop--plus, their bluesy numbers have an
edge that's not the right sound, either.  It's funny to hear them sing
in that old sixties pop style--so sweet, you know?  You'd hardly know
it was The Who.  Of course, Pete's lyrics don't quite make the right
statement.  ;)

LB