Hard Rock bands

Besides The Who/Pete on the Beatles documentary, I caught The Who on
VH1's countdown of the greatest hard rock bands last night.  For those
who haven't been keeping up with this series, The Who came in at number
8.

Curiously, VH1 included a clip of "Magic Bus" which I thought was more
a pop tune than hard rock, and a bit of TOMMY, which I'd consider more
soft rock these days.  They did get around to some clips that better
established the band's hard rock image, such as Pete smashing equipment
in the sixties and some footage from the seventies, including that
outrageous clip where Pete jumps and slides on his knees.  There was a
brief interview clip from Roger, but as usual, John was pretty much
invisible.

In general, I thought The Who showed up well, and the footage from the
sixties was especially impressive.  It pretty much showed The Who were
the pioneers.

LB