Who references in new beatle book

I was able to read the Who references in the new beatle book. Anyone notice
that Lennon seems paranoid, maybe threatened by the Who. He often is quoted
saying we were the first this and that, not the Who or Hendrix. The quotes
are from the mid 60's, a time in london when the Who were all the rage.
McCartney talks about the Who influence on the song Helter Skelter.

Also, The Who got the respect they deserve in the Beatles revolution special
on ABC TV. On a side note, give it up Keith Richards.