Re: Who's a brand?

keets asked "What part did he start with?"

A test of memory - oh no.  Brain cells, don't fail me now.  Generally, he
added all the artsy stuff later.  I think the first post was -
"No I didn't give permission... so if we are clunky sometimes it is my
fault."
<Later stuff added here>
"I feel better today....Or some joss sticks."

keets also asked:  "what the hell does he mean here:"

PT  "But outside a few certainties like that you plunge into subjectivity in
a world in which subjectivity itself is an anachronism - a contradiction.
There can be no subjectivity in a process (like pop) dedicated by its very
nature to objectivity, observation, compassion, identification and
reflection. All executed with irony."

I don't have a clue.  Maybe he is just using a larger percentage of his
brain than the rest of us.

keets again "That last is interesting, but I don't follow it either.  What
does he mean by "intercept an irony"?  To understand it?  To spoil it's
effect in some way by criticism?"

I think I did follow this.  I think he's basically saying 'fuck 'em if they
can't take a joke'.  If you look at something cynically, you cannot
appreciate the irony in it.  This has to do with preconceptions.  If I walk
into the arena with a cynical attitude - I will walk out unimpressed, maybe
even disgusted that these old men are singing about teen angst.  If I walk
into the arena with my mind open to fun, humor and irony - there is a much
better chance that I will find it ironic (and fun) that these old farts are
making the hair stand up on my neck by playing the rock music that formerly
belonged to the young and the hungry.

more keets:  "Do you think he's been reading Warhol, or is it just that
they're both post-modern artists?"

I don't know what he's reading, it must not be my turn to watch him this
week :-)  I guess all the disposable art, brand name, talk just sounds a bit
like Warhol.

keets,  Thanks for diverting my mind from 'votus interruptus' 'electoral
dysfunction' for a few minutes.  I needed it.

Jeff