Pete Townshend says The Who not his first priority

Just to give you an idea of how the diary entry is playing out there, here's
from Launch.com at:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/lc/20001108/en/pete_townshend_says_the_who_is_not_h
is_first_priority_2.html

Pete Townshend Says The Who Is Not His First Priority
(11/8/00, 10 a.m. ET) - As the Who's 2000 tour winds down, people are naturally
wondering what's next for the trio. Almost every review this year has said the
band sounds as good as it ever did and that the members are playing better than
they ever have, and both guitarist Pete Townshend and lead singer Roger Daltrey
have intimated that there could very well be an album of new music from the Who
in the future.

However, Townshend seems less inclined these days to commit to a long-term
future with Daltrey and bassist John Entwistle. In the "Pete's Diaries" section
of his website (petetownshend.com), under the tongue-in-cheek heading "Wish I
Wasn't In A Boy Band," he writes that conducting Pete Townshend business at the
same time as Who business has left him "f---ing tired. I mean really f---ing
tired." He adds, "I refuse to hand my entire life over to the Who ever again.
Until something happens to change the situation the Who are a band revisiting
their own history... In the normal sense the Who are not really a 'band' at all,
whatever Roger feels."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm