Re: Blue Red and Grey

Derick wrote:
> As much as i like John,and I've got nearly all his
> albums,IMHO, his writing
> is not for
> The Who,except the odd one or two.Pete was and still
> is the Only writer for
> The Who.
I'd have to disagree with you there.  Mind you, I
don't own a single Entwistle album except on greatest
hits one, but I have to say that many songs that John
has written do make an important contribution,
especially in Tommy.  Only John could have written
Cousin Kevin and Uncle Ernie.  I don't think Pete
could have written such twisted little dittys and they
are important to the overall explanation of the plot.
Many of his songs have become Who live standards and
fan favorites, Boris, Heaven and Hell, and My Wife
especially.  I think Pete was the one who encouraged
him to keep going.  I don't think that it would be
right to dismiss John by saying Pete is the only
writer for The Who.  He has his merits.

Shanna