RE: The Boy who builds puzzles

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: The Boy Who Heard Music
>
>Kevin,
>Here is the reference to the new piece Pete has been working on:
>from "Manhattan in the rain" in Pete's diary:
>Jeff
>
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Jeff has posted the pertinent paragraphs.  Pete doesn't say it's going to
be
>a music album, of course.  It might be a movie, or a play, or maybe his
>newest effort at a (fictionalized) autobiography.  Still, in light of the
>successful tour, it sounds very promising.

Ahhh, yes.  I remember now.
Thank you both.

>Everybody's been very optimistic, actually, until this last interview of
>Roger's which seems to backtrack.  I'm wondering is this a reprint of an
old
>interview, though.  Haven't I read it somewhere before?

You know, that's what I was thinking.  It just seemed to be outdated.  Hence
my "reading between the lines" comment.

>Maybe--but once he's got an idea, I'd say his big problem is what to do
with
>all the extra songs.  There's not much need to dig though the archives in
>search of old material that doesn't quite fit.
>keets

He also has an uncanny knack for making archive material fit (It's a boy,
etc.).
When you write music from the soul, like Pete does, about things that are
very closely related to your own childhood/adolescent experiences, like Pete
does, it would tend to make cohesion of material a bit easier.  IMHO.
The pieces are all there, and Pete's one hell of a puzzle genius.

>Subject: Who article in Glasgow Daily Record
>ROGER: WE WON'T GET SKINT AGAIN...
>Legendary Who reunited because they're broke
>
>THEY made the rock statement of the 20th century with "hope I die before I
get old".

>Now, embarrassingly, < BIG FUCKING MACK-DADDY SNIP!!! >

"Glad" to see critics can be just as asinine in the UK as here in the US.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT SUNDAY AT 8:00PM ON FOX !!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!
DOH!

"They want the Federal Government to watch over Social Security like it's a
Federal Program or something"
        George W. Bush (11/2/00) having another acid flash-back, and
potentially another United States Presidential embarrassment.

(I COULDN'T RESIST ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;-)
Kevin in VT