Re: Pete's Autobiography; The Who's Tommy

>  > There was some discussion when he last mentioned it along the lines that
>  > nobody was interested in dates and details from him. Everybody just wants
>  > to hear stories about it from his point of view. Just put in a disclaimer
>  > about the details.
>
>Yeah but it seems Pete has been told some of his memories are *way* off.
>He can't release a book full of easily proven inaccuracies.  He'd get lampoon-
>ed in the press.

Schrade,

He should follow Ray Davies' example and write an unauthorized
autobiography. Maybe that would excuse the inaccuracies.

>I had the chance to get the 2 cd version [of The Who's Tommy, the
>Broadway show] over at the record shop a year or so ago, but I
>didn't get it like a f***ing fool because I was still collecting
>normal cds and I got Sell Out instead!

Alex,

Not foolish at all.

>Do you know where I could find it though?

www.towerrecords.com	$27.99
www.cdnow.com		$28.77
www.barnesandnoble.com	$29.42
www.amazon.com		$30.37

These prices don't include shipping costs.

BMG CD club (www.bmgmusicservice.com) has it too, if you're a member.

Jim

"There has never been a time in this campaign when I have said
something that I know to be untrue. There's never been a time when
I've said something untrue."
	- Al Gore, Democratic primary debate

"I take responsibility for getting some of the details wrong...And I
got that wrong and I take responsibility for that...I'm going to try
not to get any details wrong because it can give rise to the kind of
charges that were leveled...But the details are important. I'll try
to do better."
	- Al Gore, the second Presidential debate, 10-11-00