RE: Newalbum - The Boy who Heard Music - Thongs

>From: Shanna Smith <prophet85@yahoo.com>
>
>> I think Pete's gonna bail.
>
>I'd have to agree with you there.  I think that's
>pretty much a given at this point.
>
>Shanna

What has Pete said to make you two think this?
I can't remember a single comment by the man that has made me think he's
gonna bail.
Has he expressed pessimism?  Yes, but when doesn't he.
If there's a specific quote that has you thinking this way, please post it.
I'm interested.

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: newalbum
>
>Kevin O'Neal, formerly of MD, currently of Burlington VT, owner of dogs,
>bongs and an SUV writes:

What, are you keeping a list?  You're starting to scare me Jeff, formerly of
MD, has passion for personal "intimate" meetings with who fans, doesn't like
kissy-face, raises "burning questions" (please continue to speak in code)
and also formerly of O&S.
BTW, I haven't owned a "bong" since College, AND, *that* actually was owned
by my roommate. :-P Just to set my personal record straight since this *is*
coming over my *work* address/system.

>keets, who prefers to remain anonymous wrote:

Keets wasn't very anonymous when we spent time together before the Boston
show!

Keets wrote:
>Plus 8) Pete has recently discussed his latest idea for a grand project,
THE
>BOY WHO HEARD MUSIC.

Hate to do it to you again Keets, but more details please!

>How 'bout
>9) Many people are doubting they will do it

Don't listen to people talk, don't listen to them selling souls.......

> - Pete is contrary.
>Jeff

NEWS FLASH !!! ;-)

>From: Shanna Smith <prophet85@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Roger interview in Manchester Online
>
>I think the problem is that Pete just doesn't seem to have the
>desire to bring The Who back as a recording entity.

I bet he has the desire, but he's scared.  Can't blame him a bit.

>He doesn't seem to mind bring The WHo back as a live
>force, but that's as far as he wants to go.

Speculation.

>but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>Shanna

Ahhhh, I remember it all too well.  All the "neea-a-a-a-a" sayers before the
announcement of the tour.  Kevin in VT beats Brian Cady "the bartender" to
the punch (a definite hi-lite for me that month) by serving up the newly
published interview with John found on Wall of Sound that has John saying
they are talking about a possible tour.  That was the first indication, yet
no one wanted to believe.  And if they *did* tour, "it would suck" was the
best and most optimistic response.
My cry at the time was "Carpe-diem"!!!  The time was ripe for the picking,
and sure enough that fruit was a-plucked! (*PL*ucked ;)
Now, many months later, we sit (most of us in the US) in the after-glow of
one of the most successful Who tours.  If ever there was a time to release a
new album, it's now.
I just hope John can keep them on the hard-driving RnR path.
Come on Shanna!  Get them hopes up!  What are you afraid of???
What else is there to get psyched about???
The election???????  ;-)

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: New Album?
>
>I'm not sure he *can* go there.  Some artists can crank out product
>continuously or on demand.  Pete can't.  I believe he tried & was
frustrated
>with the results (pure speculation) & that's why he's back-pedalling a bit.

Again, why does everyone think he's back-pedaling?  Did I miss something?
Is this all a result of Roger's latest interview??
When ever I read an interview by Rog (or any of the band members), I find
myself reading between the lines.  The old attitudes that Rog and Pete
battled with seem to find their way into current interviews.  Who knows,
maybe it was the result of a substantive talk between Pete and Roger.  I
tend to believe that when you do a zillion billion interviews over a
relatively short span of time, you start to get into ruts about what your
saying, even if it's outdated.
Maybe Rog was just talking about his fears, and it's not based on anything
Pete recently has said. Bla, bla, bla......

>What I want to know is this:  You're telling me, that in all those 800, or
>however many,  pieces of music Pete has stashed away, there isn't a few
>song ideas to mine from?  A new WHO album doesn't have to consist of
>brand-spanking-new Pete songs, right?  Why not look for something he's
>already written?
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

Now *there's* the Schrade that I've come to know and love.  Whoooops!
*That's* just *way* to intimate.
I'll bet you money he's looking.  I also believe he'll find.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT