RE: To be or not to be, that is THE FUCKING question.

> > [O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I think we need to remember that rock is still
> >in it's infancy, really.
>
> From: "Mark R. Leaman"
> Kevin:
> I hardly think so. Everything that can be done with it has at this point,
> and it's been recycling for the last 20 years.
>
> rock and roll
> is not dead.  it will never die.  as long as there is
> a feeling of rebellion and difiance and of anger and
> rage and love and hope and every other feeling rock
> and roll will live.  that my freinds, will be an
> eternity.  its a bargin, the best i ever had.
> Sid

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] Ahhhh, there are pessimists, and there are
optimists.  I for one am patiently waiting for the next motivator. What I
mean is that rock is not dead and as a genre will never die.  It simply
loses interest, or goes to sleep from time to time.  Rock is based on
emotion.  The best rock began back in the 60's (IMHO).  Emotional time,
revolution, upheaval, protest. It finally quieted down in the 70's (The
"happy generation"). The next big push/interest for Rock was grunge.  Again,
emotional time, revolution, dissatisfaction with Bush's economy,
unemployment, etc.
	Rock is again taking a bit of a nap (again a happy expansive time in
our society...........for some at least).  When the time is right, and the
mood is surly, rock will again awake and provide the appropriate medium for
artists to express our societies ills and dissatisfactions.
	In ancient times the way society kept record of it's self was
through mythology and story.  Now, music is the medium.  The next time an
angry story needs to be recorded, rock will be there.  If not, then what????
	Who knows, if Social Security dries up, it may very well be our
older rockers who carry the torch!  ;-).

	Kevin in VT.