RE: Even children get older, I'm getting older too.......

> From: "Brian Wright" <lump_16@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Who on the Brady Bunch
> What's even more scarier is that someone with enough taste to liek the who
>
> is watchign the Brady Bunch ;)

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  That *is* scary.  I *was* a bit frightened as I
sat there and watched, but hey I was rewarded with some good Who references!

> Nah.  I bought the book when it came out in 1992.  Really.
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Your courage to admit that is commendable.  :-)

> Just wanted to see Greg bob Florence Henderson.  Still have a little thing
>
> for her......well, not really little........
> Sorry.
> Jon

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Heh, heh.....did anyone see the last Fryar's
Club Roast???  A comedian roaster (forget his name, really good comedian)
came right out and said....."Where is Florence Henderson (camera does close
up of Florence)....I want to *FUCK* Florence Henderson" (FH laughs and
stands showing off her body to loud applause!).  This is the same comedian
that also said...."Dr. Ruth is so old her vagina has mice".
BAaaaaaaHhaaaaaaa........I lost it hearing that!!!
	(sorry for the non-Who reference)

> Are you defining rock as a young man's game?

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I think we need to remember that rock is still
in it's infancy, really.  Granted it has been around now since the 50's, but
with these early rockers now getting older, new rules are being written
every day.  Rock definitely *was* a young man's game, simply because those
playing it (musician's and listeners) were young.  Hey all, they're (we're)
now getting older which makes rock also an older man's game now.  There are
no rules here.  It's all changing/morphing right before our eyes for all of
us to experience.  What a great time.

> Leopold Stokowski had to be helped up onto the podium the last few years
> of
> his life, but he was still a sharp wit and a hot conductor.  I believe the
>
> man signed a ten year contract when he was 95.  Didn't quite fulfill it,
> but
> he sort of lived his whole life that way.  Left quite a legacy.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  This has been a question in my mind since way
back in the late 70's.  I always wondered what was going to happen in the
future to our rock hero's.  Would they just fade away??  Would they continue
to try and rock to a young audience??  I hadn't realized (like I do now)
back then that you don't simply grow out of rock.  You grow with it.
	Back then I laughed at the thought of a 60+ year old man playing
rock.  Back then it would have been funny and out of place.
	NOW, however it doesn't seem funny at all.  60 year old men are
different, as are we all.  The rules have all changed.
	I for one would love to see The Who play for as long as they were
interested.  I imagine in 10 years it will be a different Who than today, in
the same way that "today's Who" is different than The Who of 1970.  The
attitude we've all fallen in love with will still be there, it will just be
more mature and refined.  Good by me.
	We need to let go of our old attitude that 70 year old men can't
rock.  Right now, most can't (my dad is 80....he can't).  BUT, mark my
words, this will change.  I hope and bet it's The Who that will help us
realize this change.
	I for one at 80 will make it a point to fire up a "fatty", slap on
Live at Leeds, and throw some furniture around.  I feel almost obligated.
It's my destiny, and I'm just keepin' it real.

	Kevin in VT.