Commercials

        Hi all!  Who music has certainly been featured prominently in
movies and television commercials lately.  I believe it's to help promote
the band and the upcoming tour.  Pete has "opened the floodgates" so to
speak.  Perhaps he's regretting not capitalizing on this as much in the
past, or perhaps part of his "millenium project" is to see how his music
can be "relevant" today.  I haven't seen the new commercial featuring "Baba
O'Riley", but I have seen one featuring "I Can See For Miles".  I live in
Ontario (Canada) and the commercial is for a new hydro power company.  It
shows long camera shots of hydro workers working atop tall power-line
towers.  The theme is the new company can "have a vision of the future" ie.
"can see for miles".  The song plays well to the vastness of the landscape
featured, but it isn't The Who performing!  It's one of those scenarios
where (I think) some studio band is covering the song.  A passable cover,
but disappointing it's not the real deal.  Does anyone know why they'd do
things this way (use a studio band and not The Who)?  Does Pete still get
royalties?

The Who ARE You,
Greg