Re: Pete and lead guitar

<< From: Rommel <deviking@earthlink.net>
 Subject: Re:Pete and lead guitar

    Sorry to say this, but Pete ain't it when it comes to lead guitar. I
 love Pete. A master song writer, and a fine singer. Lead guitar is just
 not his strong suit. He does well playing on his own songs , because
 they are just that, his. As far as lead goes, I would say Gilmour is a
 great player. And I would not call him a virtuoso ,but I could listen to
 him for hours. And I'm gonna take some heat for this, but Slash is a
 great lead player, just spotty at times.

      I totally agree. Pete's rhythm guitar is very good, possibly the best,
but his solos have not been all that spectacular. Gilmour is just great! He
has a great way of extending his solos live. You never get bored listening!
At least I don't. But in the end, I think Steve Howe (YES) is the best all
around guitarist. He can go from Metal to Classical in a heartbeat, and do it
flawlessly!! I also love Slash's playing too. Too bad he's semi-retired!
     The WHO is still and most likely will ALWAYS  be my all time FAVORITE
band, but that doesn't mean I have to make them #1 separately.
      Fave Guitarist = Steve Howe
      Fave Singer = Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST)
      Fave Drummer = Neil Peart (RUSH)
      Fave Bassist = The OX (Hey, 1 of 'em had to be there!)
  Keith