Re: Let's not be *too* critical

"O'Neal, Kevin W." wrote:

>         I'm thinking Pete has been concentrating much of his time on
> acoustic work, and is now getting re-aquatinted with the bad-boy electric.
> I'm very optimistic about the upcoming shows.
>         OK, there I've said it.  Nail me to the cross.

I've heard this from guitar players who saw one or more of the recent
shows.  I think you're right, Pete has been concentrating a bit too much
on the acoustic (where he is better than he's ever been) and now needs
to drop it and dust off his electric soloing.  But I feel confident that
with a tour of mostly electric shows he should improve.  His recent
acoustic performances show there is nothing wrong with his fingers.

The voices, on the other hand, are not going to improve.  I think it's
the only point where The Who's age really shows.  Sorry but I think it's
true.

		-Brian in Atlanta
		 The Who This Month!
		 http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm