Re: Behind Blue Eyes everywhere and not a drop to drink

> >live.  Oddly enough, The Who back in the mid-60's probably did the best
> live
> >harmonies of any band out there.
>
> Brian:
>
> I suppose it had to happen eventually, but I must disagree with you here.
> I'll just throw out some names: Beach Boys, Moody Blues, Byrds, Animals,
> CSN, Hollies, Turtles, Simon & Garfunkel, Beau Brummels, Mamas & Papas...and
> that's not counting the countless one hit wonders. I could make a case, I
> think, for the Dead and The Band if we're talking great and unique.
> I love The Who's harmonies, don't get me wrong. But there were bands based
> on nothing else but harmonies.

Oh, I'd agree that in the studio there were many bands that beat The
Who.  What I was saying was about their live harmonies. Even then they
probably didn't match The Beach Boys (and wouldn't hold a candle to The
Lettermen) but they were certainly better live than The Beatles or The
Stones at live vocals.

		-Brian in Atlanta
		 The Who This Month!