Behind Blue Eyes everywhere and not a drop to drink

> I'm still waiting for the Bush CD's.

Rommel:

Aren't we all!

>Makes me wish Pete and Dave and done a whole album together.

It would have been interesting. I think Love On The Air is quite a nice
song, but Gilmour sounded horrible doing The Dirty Jobs at Hyde Park.

>live.  Oddly enough, The Who back in the mid-60's probably did the best
live
>harmonies of any band out there.

Brian:

I suppose it had to happen eventually, but I must disagree with you here.
I'll just throw out some names: Beach Boys, Moody Blues, Byrds, Animals,
CSN, Hollies, Turtles, Simon & Garfunkel, Beau Brummels, Mamas & Papas...and
that's not counting the countless one hit wonders. I could make a case, I
think, for the Dead and The Band if we're talking great and unique.
I love The Who's harmonies, don't get me wrong. But there were bands based
on nothing else but harmonies.

>What Pete did on Storytellers is absolutely gorgeous, and the little
hitches
>only became part of the personality of the music.

Keets:

But this I completely agree with. It sounds even better when put on CD. And
besides, if the vocals were the same live every time as they are in the
studio, what would be the point? Go see Journey if that's what you're
looking for!

>ear for pitch, of course, but lately it does seem to be worse--on "My Wife"
>at the SBE show, for example, he's way off.

Wherever they got the MW they used on the WN DVD is pretty bad, too...I
think it's a Kenny Jones era version.

>your not the only person who hasnt gotten the blues to bush.

Andrew:

Almost.

>Yes, BBE has never been one of my favorites.

Scott:

It has been one of mine, but like many songs I love I don't want to hear
them over and over until I'm sick of them. I've gone more than a year
without listening to WN (and other albums), just so as not to burn out. In
fact, I'd say WN is my least listened-to Who CD (Quad would be most,
followed by O&S) these days. I've had a copy in one form or another since it
was released (8-Track first). I've heard it live every time I've seen them,
and it's on every post-71 bootleg. It showed up on the first Scoop.
And lately it's been the song which crops up the most (Baba second), it
seems. A "new" version on the WN remix, on the Lifehouse boxed set and again
on the concert and again on Storytellers.
What Pete said about Europe touched me in a way I didn't think possible at
this point, but I did sort of cringe when the song began.

>over & over......IMO, the best thing about the song is Moonie's drums on
>the studio version

And we ain't getting THAT anymore. BTW, you would definitely enjoy the WN
DVD because they highlight certain instruments. Rog talks about how Keith
played off the vocals and then demonstrates. And so on.

>And enough of "Drowned," also.

I'm not burned out on that one yet, but agree it's the single most-played
Quad song. Now THERE is a concept...me burned out on Quad...I can't imagine
it.

>plenty 'a sweet pickin's from QUAD that are getting the shaft.

Well put.

>I haven't even ordered it yet.  I'm waiting for the dust to settle.

It doesn't matter; if you order it now you'll still get it then.

>about John, though.  He could be be calcified and we couldn't tell.  ;)

Keets:

Also well put.

>> I think my favorite version Of Behind Blue
>> Eyes I have heard is the one on THE WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B LIVE.
>> I think its from the concert for Kampuchea, 1979
>
>I'd agree on that one 100%.  Vocals in key, great attack, the highlight of
>that show.

Seth & Brian:

I'll have to listen to that one again...don't haul out the video often and
never play LPs anymore other than to put them on CD...something I'm planning
on doing with Kampuchea eventually...as bonus tracks for the Bridge School
show, perhaps. I just used the Secret Policeman's Ball tracks to fill
Storytellers. Which usually means they'll be released on CD in the next
month or so...you might want to keep your eyes open...

              Cheers                         ML