No Subject

Who lead singer Roger Daltrey used the podium of the Ultimate Rock =
Symphony to push a few fatcats of their pedistal He also brought back =
the old Who tradition of smashing a guitar (to the horror of Peter =
Frampton).
Daltrey and the Ultimate Rock Symphony became the first act to play =
Colonial Stadium, Melbourne's new 45,000 seater venue.

The Stadium has been the subject of constant news bulletins over the =
last few months because of union trouble and the fact that it's just not =
finished.

One problem with the new stadium is that the automatic roof doesn't =
work. It has to be manually opened and closed, meaning days of =
preplanning.

Concert organizers had no choice but to let the Orchestra play under a =
closed roof for the first ever concert at the venue leading turning the =
site into one giant echo camber. Daltrey wasn't impressed, constantly =
complaining about that the echo was effecting his (and the other =
artists) performance.

Officials at the stadium used that old limp chestnut about noise =
pollution as the reason the roof could not be opened but as Daltrey =
pointed out to the crowd "what the fuck do they call what's going on =
down the road here" pointing in the general direction of the Australian =
Grand Prix.

Daltrey wished Barbra Streisand all the best for her performance at the =
same venue next weekend. "As a venue, it makes a great football stadium" =
he said.

The lead singer of The Who also took the opportunity to lash out at the =
Australian government. "You're Government is fucked ... but then again =
so is ours. That's why I like you Aussies" he chuckled.

The ongoing bad publicity for the venue kept the crowds away with only =
around 10,000 of the 30,000 tickets selling.

Punters who missed the show missed a once in a lifetime event, with =
Daltrey dishing up a constant diet of Who classics including You Better =
You Bet, My Generation, Pinball Wizard and Won't Get Fooled Again.

He even went as far as picking up Peter Frampton's guitar at the end of =
the gig and smashing it in front of a horrified Frampton.

Highlights of the show included Frampton's revival of his Frampton Comes =
Alive version of The Stones Jumpin' Jack Flash and his own Baby I Love =
Your Way.

Alice Cooper performed Start Me Up, Another Brick in The Wall and his =
signature tune School's Out.

Paul Rodgers of Bad Company and Free fame sang Can't Get Enough, All =
Right Now and his medley of John Lennon tunes.

Aussie fans got their own dose of classic Oz Rock from Jimmy Barnes =
(Working Class Man and Khe Sahn) and Billy Thorpe (Most People I Know =
Thing That I'm Crazy) but the true highlight of the time was Procul =
Harum's Gary Brooker sounding smoother than ever with Conquistador, A =
Salty Dog and A Whiter Shade of Pale.

Last night's show was the final Ultimate Rock Symphony performance in =
Australia.

                -Brian in Atlanta
          The Who This Month!
          http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF8C0E.D99C6780

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>From Undercover:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.undercover.net.au/rnmnw23.html">http://www.undercover.=
net.au/rnmnw23.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Who lead =
singer Roger=20
Daltrey used the podium of the Ultimate Rock Symphony to push a few =
fatcats of=20
their pedistal He also brought back the old Who tradition of smashing a =
guitar=20
(to the horror of Peter Frampton).</FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Daltrey and the Ultimate Rock Symphony =
became the=20
first act to play Colonial Stadium, Melbourne's new 45,000 seater=20
venue.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>The Stadium has been the subject of =
constant news=20
bulletins over the last few months because of union trouble and the fact =
that=20
it's just not finished.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>One problem with the new stadium is =
that the=20
automatic roof doesn't work. It has to be manually opened and closed, =
meaning=20
days of preplanning.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Concert organizers had no choice but =
to let the=20
Orchestra play under a closed roof for the first ever concert at the =
venue=20
leading turning the site into one giant echo camber. Daltrey wasn't =
impressed,=20
constantly complaining about that the echo was effecting his (and the =
other=20
artists) performance.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Officials at the stadium used that old =
limp=20
chestnut about noise pollution as the reason the roof could not be =
opened but as=20
Daltrey pointed out to the crowd <I>"what the fuck do they call what's =
going on=20
down the road here" </I>pointing in the general direction of the =
Australian=20
Grand Prix.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Daltrey wished Barbra Streisand all =
the best for=20
her performance at the same venue next weekend. <I>"As a venue, it makes =
a great=20
football stadium" </I>he said.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>The lead singer of The Who also took =
the=20
opportunity to lash out at the Australian government. <I>"You're =
Government is=20
fucked ... but then again so is ours. That's why I like you Aussies" =
</I>he=20
chuckled.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>The ongoing bad publicity for the =
venue kept the=20
crowds away with only around 10,000 of the 30,000 tickets =
selling.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Punters who missed the show missed a =
once in a=20
lifetime event, with Daltrey dishing up a constant diet of Who classics=20
including <I>You Better You Bet, My Generation, Pinball Wizard </I>and =
<I>Won't=20
Get Fooled Again.</I></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>He even went as far as picking up =
Peter Frampton's=20
guitar at the end of the gig and smashing it in front of a horrified=20
Frampton.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Highlights of the show included =
Frampton's revival=20
of his Frampton Comes Alive version of The Stones <I>Jumpin' Jack Flash =
</I>and=20
his own <I>Baby I Love Your Way.</I></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Alice Cooper performed <I>Start Me Up, =
Another=20
Brick in The Wall </I>and his signature tune <I>School's =
Out.</I></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Paul Rodgers of Bad Company and Free =
fame sang=20
<I>Can't Get Enough, All Right Now </I>and his medley of John Lennon=20
tunes.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Aussie fans got their own dose of =
classic Oz Rock=20
from Jimmy Barnes (<I>Working Class Man </I>and <I>Khe Sahn) </I>and =
Billy=20
Thorpe <I>(Most People I Know Thing That I'm Crazy) </I>but the true =
highlight=20
of the time was Procul Harum's Gary Brooker sounding smoother than ever =
with=20
<I>Conquistador, A Salty Dog </I>and <I>A Whiter Shade of =
Pale.</I></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>Last night's show was the final =
Ultimate Rock=20
Symphony performance in Australia.</FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Brian in=20
Atlanta<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
Who This=20
Month!<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm">http://members.home.net/ca=
dyb/who.htm</A></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF8C0E.D99C6780--