Re: Re: Police, Kids Are Alright, Medicine

I attempted to encode AQO from TKAA, it's on my site.  http://lomara.tripod.com  It's choppy, but it's the whole thing.
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Berson
To: TheWho@igtc.com
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 8:31 PM
Subject: Fwd: Re: Police, Kids Are Alright, Medicine

Hello all

I have a "Laserdisc" player (the size of vinyl).  I have TKAA and the segment for "A Quick One" id the same as the VHS.  For those of you that don't know, you can see the entire song on "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus", where Jeff Stein took it from.

Michael

Scott Schrade <schrade@akrobiz.com> wrote:

> Speaking of problems with "The Kids Are Alright" as re-released on
> videotape, any clue why the "Quick One" was chopped? Was it to make room
> for that "bonus video" at the end, or was it just to be obnoxious? Or to
> sell more copies of the Stones' "Rock and Roll Circus" video (i know, MCA
> didn't release that, so probably they were just being annoying).

I have an older copy on VHS which *doesn't* have the bonus video, & it's
*still* all chopped up ! This problem is a real puzzler. It's not like the original
version was too long, & needed to be shortened. I always thought I just made
a mistake & bought a! cheap version or something.

I remember back in the 80's, a friend of mine had one of those old movie "disc"
players. I'm talking those BIG discs, the size of vinyl records. Anyway, we rented
The Kids Are Alright movie, & I'm sure it was the full-length version.