Re: Police, Page, Kids Just Alright

>    Speaking of problems with "The Kids Are Alright" as re-released on
> videotape, any clue why the "Quick One" was chopped? Was it to make room
> for that "bonus video" at the end, or was it just to be obnoxious? Or to
> sell more copies of the Stones' "Rock and Roll Circus" video (i know, MCA
> didn't release that, so probably they were just being annoying).

The film was re-edited for the videotape version (around 1981/2?)
apparently with the aim of getting the length down by 10 minutes.  Worse
than the chopping out is the speeding up of the clips, some to a quite
noticeable extent.  Why they did this I don't know but I suspect it was
to make it easier for TV stations to program it in a two-hour block with
commercials.

I will soon be re-doing my liner notes for The Kids Are Alright with
details on all the changes.  Many thanks go out to Joe Giorgianni for
allowing me to study the complete version.

		-Brian in Atlanta
		 The Who This Month!
		 http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm