One Note

I've been listening repeatedly to the fourth Lifehouse
Chronicles disc, and though that kid who speaks at the
beginning of "One Note" annoys me, I haven't deleted
this track from my song cycle.

To you guitar experts:  What's the note that Pete
strums at the very beginning?  Is it the same note as
his "I Can See For Miles" guitar solo?  What about the
strumming at the beginning of "Pinball Wizard" and at
the end of REM's "Losing My Religion"?

I wish I could remember which rock critic said that
"ICSFM" contained rock's best guitar solo.  His quote
was something like:  "Yes, it's only one note, but
it's the RIGHT note."  This was in an article in some
magazine five to ten years ago in which various
critics (and maybe performers?) were asked to identify
what they considered to the best solo.

Rich B.