Why?

                              12:39 A.M.Eastern
                                         Standard time

Eight people have have been crushed to death at a
music festival in
Denmark,
according to police
The victims were taking part in the Roskilde festival,
near the capital
Copenhagen - one of the biggest such events in Europe.

Early reports say those who died were pressed up
against barriers in
front
of the stage during a performance by the American
group, PEARL JAM.

"The people massed at the back kept on pressing
towards the front of
the
stage despite appeals by the security guards and the
singers,"
according to
an eyewitness quoted in one report.

" All of a sudden there were scenes of pushing, panic,
shouts, then the
music stopped, replaced by howls and screams. It was
unbearable."

More than 20 people were reported injured.

This was believed to be the first such tragedy in the
festival's
30-year
history

(Is this a nightmare?Please tell me I am dreaming.)
-Jess in Jersey