An older,wiser Townshend.....Part 3 of 3 Parts

WHO'S NEXT
 Townshend is carefully circumspect when discussing future Who
projects,however. The idea of a new album was first bandied about last
year, with grand plans for Internet cybercasts of the sessions. At a
press conference announcing the tour in New York earlier this year,
Daltrey even stated that he had lyrics for three songs that were waiting
for music from Townshend.
 The guitarist acknowledges that "it would be nice to have some new
material"---even in time for the tour, to keep it from becoming strictly
a "nostalgia exercise." On the other hand, all three Who members have
sworn they won't release anything that they believe falls short of their
highest standards, so Townshend is a bit leery of making promises.
 "One of the things you have to be careful of is not just committing too
much but also not talking too much about it," he says.
"If you do,then you destroy any chance of the writing journey being one
that is evolving and natural and proper."
 Townshend is keen on other future projects. In addition to the possible
Who album, he's compiling a third "Scoop" album of demos and rarities.
He's also developing a film project called "The Boy Who Heard Music."
And he operates an active Internet enterprise via two web
sites-----www.petetownshend.co.uk and www.eelpie.com.
 Townshend likens it to "being a small shopkeeper" and says he perfers
this more direct form of contact with fans to working with big record
companies and distribution systems.
 "Wha you do is create an ambience and atmosphere," he says. "I feel I
can create a setting for my work that I feel comfortable with---a kind
of Pete Townshend corner shop,and you take what you want and if you
don't want to buy you can come look around. I feel good about that at
the moment."

(Gary Graff is a nationally syndicated journalist who covers the music
scene from Detriot. He also is the supervising editor of the
award-winning "MusicHound" album guide series)

That's it folks!!!  Hope you enjoyed it!!!!  :-)

Thank You,
Mark